Wednesday, June 25, 2014

To My Wife 2

I try to concentrate upon you,
to discipline myself to be able to
receive you,
support you;
As if I can just conjure you.
Can you emerge from my thoughts
as our mor emerges from a rib?
Our teacher says the Universe is
made through such ways,
and our Rabbis say, Adonai.
Perhaps we can settle upon
our circumstances.

I previously think you are someone else
I previously indulge in the thought that you are many.
Yet I am increasingly resolved that
you are you:
a woman who is destined
to be with me.
to be my wife,
to be the more of my children,
and to be my partner in
our spiritual journey of life

I believe my preparation for you requires
discipline,
focus.
Without being obsessive or rigid
like cultivating serendipity,
and like holding a balloon
with soapy hands.
The passing days, months, and years
provoke the experience of hot air:
only a modest window before
the balloon floats into the
airy Sky.

It is difficult to contain myself
The logic of such containment
is tenuous
when I know I must eventually
release myself
within you.
So in the meanwhile,
as I negotiate this Universe,
I facilitate my dissipation
a little less, here;
a little less, there.
The power of my life force
is reduced,
a fewer amounts of it
are returned.

My negotiations
bring me closer to you
and further away.
There is an absence of any guarantee that
you exist
I have yet to meet anyone like you.
Though, perhaps it is a matter of Faith,
a matter of discipline,
a matter of harmony.

I return to where I am.
I have yet to build a home for you.
I have yet to find a community for us.
I deeply believe
that home is ultimately our connexion
with Divine Benevolence
that exists within each of us.
Yet, at the end of the day,
in this life,
that home needs a dinner table,
with drink and food
to support us.

I am negotiating a community
wherein we can be our home.
I am negotiating a path
wherein we can find that community.
And whilst many people, many communities,
and many teachers
tout this path,
it seems a path walked by only a few
individuals souls,
at least of which we know.

I am sitting within
our ΣO אن.
Everyone else is gone,
Except a couple cats.
And the computer is broken.
Our message is already sent,
yet there are few direct responses.
The prospect is Dub.i.us,
and maintaining an austere routine.
There threat of eviction looms,
and with it,
the arrival of men with guns,
the detainment behind locked doors,
the torture inflicted by friendly faces, and
the dangers of living on the street.

Yet, beyond this,
there is the vision of
a passivhaus for our ΣO אن,
a prosperous neighbourhood for our uNi Village,
and a harmonious balance amidst our Universal community.

Within this vision,
we are together.
We have children,
and we celebrate the
joys and lessons
of every day.
You provide a welcoming and caring home
for our family
I provide a modest and studious home
for our family.
And our friends and neighbourhoods
come from all around
the Earth
and the Universe
and we are all at home,
with each other.

I consider:
how do I find you,
without scaring you away.
How do I commit to you,
without alienating the communities
to which I belong.

So much has to be learned
by so many.
And yet, so much already is
and continues to be.
Amidst the challenges,
there is promise.

I can hear you
beyond the hills.
Our energy brings us
closer together;
the letters we write
the words we say
the conversations we build
the food we eat
the stories we hear
the teachings we practise
the thoughts we share
the Truth we believe
and the air we breathe.
It is about momentum,
the cycles within which we are involved,
the circles within we find ourselves
the daily routines towards which we commit
that gradually bring us
to each other.

Do you know my name?
Do you know who I am?
Do you know what I look like?

I am sitting here,

moving closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment